Wednesday 26 February 2014

Why are you helping me? #MidWeekTease Scores WIP #MWTease #asmsg

Welcome back to Mid-Week Tease hosted by Sandra Bunino in which we share teasers from our work-in-progress or published book.

This week I'm sharing another teaser from my current work-in-progress, Scores. This scene follows on from last week's night club teaser.

In this scene, Benjamin is on the war path because his sister, Beatrice is drunk. Selina intervenes.

This is a first draft and unedited. I hope you enjoy it.


When the retching stopped, Selina walked into the bathroom to find Beatrice laying on the cold tiles. Lina flushed the toilet and then manoeuvred Beatrice into a sitting position. She turned the sink on and wet her face towel. She used it to wipe Beatrice's face and neck.
"Why are you helping me?"
Selina shrugged. "You're my sister-in-law."
"I haven't always been nice to you," Bea said, her mouth turned down and frown lines marring her forehead. "I call you a witch behind your back."
"Oh, don't worry about that," Lina replied. "I call you a bitch when you're not looking."
They both stared at each other for one long moment, the tension almost crackling in the air. Beatrice cracked a smile, Selina started laughing and Beatrice joined her.
"You really are the best woman for my brother," Bea said when she stopped laughing.
"Aww, you really think so?"
"Yes, I do. You will do just fine when you get to Johannesburg."
Selina's stomach knotted even tighter. She didn't want to discuss the upcoming trip or her insecurities with her sister in law. So she changed the subject.
"You have to stand up," she said. "I really can't carry your skinny ass all the way to the bedroom."
"You think my ass is skinny?" Bea said as she leaned on the bathtub, attempting to push herself up.
Selina hooked her arm to help. "Yes, it is."
"Aww. That's such a lovely compliment."
Beatrice straightened and stood in front of the sink. She picked up her toothbrush, applied paste and started brushing her teeth.
"No, it isn't meant as a compliment," Selina said and laughed.
"Real men like the soft cushion of a fat ass when their pounding into you." She patted her bottom. "And according to your brother, he likes the way mine wobbles when he spanks me."
Beatrice's face turned beetroot red and her eyes widened in the mirror. She bent over and spat out paste.
"Benjamin spanks you?" There was disbelief in her voice.
"Yes, deliciously so."
"Oh. My—" Her sis-in-law lifted her hand and covered her mouth. Wiping her mouth, she turned to face Lina. "You like it?"
"Of course I do. It is the sexiest thing when it's not a reprimand."
Bea went red again.
"Surely you know your brother is kinky in the bedroom. He said you walked in on him and Chris once with a girl."
"He told you about that?" Beatrice averted her eyes and walked past Selina into the bedroom.

Copyright Kiru Taye 2014

Check out the other mid-week teasers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love to read them.